Every day our Police Officers challenge themselves, working to keep our community safe. And on Sunday 15 November you could set your own challenge and give back to the people who give you so much.
Riding 150kms? Climbing 1,000m in a ride? Riding 10kms with the whole family? Getting on your bike for the first time in 10 years? Whatever your challenge is, you can set your goal, achieve greatness, and raise money for the Police Family - all at the same time!
The Remembrance Bike Ride looks a little different this year. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, for the first time in its 8-year history we're not riding from Sydney to Canberra. Instead, we're inviting riders from all around the State to set up or take part in their own small-group rides.
What hasn't changed is the ride's twofold purpose: remembering our fallen, and raising money to support those left behind. And on Sunday 15 November, even though we will be spread across the State, we will be united in our efforts.
So how does it work?
- Fill in your details below to register. Costs vary depending on optional inclusions (t-shirt or jersey)
- Once you're registered, you can create a team and invite your friends to register and join you. Or join a team that already exists. (NB - every participant must register themselves individually, except under-18s, who are registered by their parent/guardian).
- You can register right up to the day before the event, but if you want to ride in your t-shirt/jersey you must register before 30 September 2020.
- Join in the social chat on our Facebook Group, or our Strava Group, where you can log your training, trade tips and tricks, and spur each other on.
- Spread the word via your own social media/personal networks! This ride is about challenging yourself and having fun, but it's also about raising money for our Police Family. It's a great cause - don't be shy!
(Example jersey. T-shirt will carry the same images.)
Here are two rides that have been organised already. Let us know if you would like yours featured here!
- Jon Leighton OAM, President of Bicycle NSW, will be leading a group 100km through Northwestern Sydney
- Raff Del Vecchio, Deputy Chair of Police Bank and Assistant Secretary of the Police Association of NSW, will be leading a group through the Eastern Suburbs
- Please contact our friendly Community Fundraising Coordinator Teegan Hazell. She can help you out.
- Wondering where to ride? Bicycle NSW have put together a list of great rides all across the state. Click through to check it out!
NB: We want you to be safe, and we particularly want you to be COVID-safe. All participants must read, understand and agree to the 2020 Remembrance Bicycle Ride indemnity. Click here to read.
And finally, a huge thank you to all our sponsors, without whom this event would not be possible:
Adult - Registration Only
Adult - Registration + Event T-Shirt
Adult - Registration + Event Cycling Jersey
Supervised Child - Registration Only
Supervised Child - Registration + Event T-Shirt
Supervised Child - Registration + Event Cycling Jersey