Dialog Box

Gifts in Wills


Each of us possesses a remarkable gift: the power to help bring about lasting benefits to individuals and families who have lost so much through the death of their loved one. By remembering NSW Police Legacy in your will, you can help ensure that the bereaved families of deceased NSW Police Officers continue to receive vital support. 

Many people underestimate the impact their contribution can make, no matter how big or how small it may be.

"But I don't own much. Does this apply to me?"

Even the smallest gift is gratefully accepted by NSW Police Legacy. You will be honouring those officers who have passed on by supporting their family's needs.

Types of GIFTS IN WILLs:


The most adaptable form of a bequest is a proportion or percentage of your estate. By using this kind of bequest you need not worry about the effects of inflation or changes in the size of your estate. 

Remember that just 1% gifted to NSW Police Legacy still leaves 99% for your family and loved ones.


When you have made provision for your family and friends you may wish to leave the residue to NSW Police Legacy.

Specific Sum

A specific gift of money in a Will is a simple one, but it can be reduced in value over the years by inflation and it remains fixed despite any increase or change in the value of your estate.


A specific gift of property in a Will is one that nominates property, works of art, stocks and shares, or insurance policies.

Carroll & O'Dea Will Generator

In partnership with Carroll & O'Dea Lawyers, NSW Police Legacy is pleased to announce a new gift in will offering to supporters.

The Carroll & O'Dea online will generator includes:

  • Free basic wills for NSW Police Legacy legatees
  • A user-friendly, plain English and comprehensive online process to build a first draft will
  • The option to create Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardian at a reduced rate
  • Questions about superannuation
  • A phone call with a Carroll & O'Dea lawyer in response to the draft within 24 hours
  • A complete basic will in 48 hours

To take advantage of the free will service, simply get in touch with NSWPL Fundraising Manager Andrew Wilcox on the details below.

Features of this Carroll & O'Dea service are also open to non-legatee supporters of NSW Police Legacy.

The Carroll & O'Dea will generator can only be offered to residents of NSW, ACT or Victoria.

For further information on gifts in wills contact Andrew Wilcox, Fundraising Manager.

NSW Police Legacy is a member of the Fundraising Institute of Australia (FIA), and adheres to the principles outlined in the Principles & Standards of Fundraising Practice. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of ethical, accountable and transparent fundraising.